Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Reminiscing On A Cold Night: Under The Milky Way By The Church




Though New Wave dominated the 80's, I was not a never a fan of the genre. Still there were some songs, that caught my ear. This was because of that gothic, haunting, feeling I get when the song is played. Now that I'm getting older, some of those songs really get to me because they either make me remember the past or me stop and think about certain things in my life. One such song that makes do that is "Under The Milky Way" by The Church.

When I'm at home, the best time to listen to this song is when the lights are off and the air conditioner is at its coldest. When I'm out and walking, I would listen to this song where the city lights are at its brightest. When I'm driving alone after a long day and this song starts playing on the radio, thoughts in my head start coming to life. Whether at home or walking/driving outside, this song really grabs me on a cold night. I guess this is because that's when the past haunts me the most.

I've said once and I'll say it again; I'm a sucker for haunting songs. I guess its because there are a lot of things that I still need to resolve. It's at night that these things really get to me and this really intensifies the emotions that come with those thoughts and memories. Times like that I look to the sky and do my best to get these feelings under control. That's what happens when I find myself reminiscing under cold night.

No comments: