Friday, January 27, 2012

Giving It Your All To Win: Winning It All By The Outfield




I remember a few a years ago, my brother who was a basketball fan borrowed a VHS that featured several NBA players at their greatest moments with an accompanying song that best their skill and character. One player that caught my eye was Larry Bird because of his determination to win. It impressed me that he was willing to do anything no matter how difficult or little time was left pull a win. I also liked the song that was being played. That song was "Winning It All" by The Outfield.

Though I was not a basketball fan, I was always impressed with Larry Bird, much to my brothers' annoyance because they were fans of the L.A. Lakers. Anyway, apart from being a cool song, I find inspirational because it reminds that winning is not easy. If you really want something, you have be able to give it all you've got. You push yourself to the limit and let nothing stop till it's in your hands.

Like I said, life isn't easy. That's why I like this song cause it reminds me of what it takes if you really want to go the extra mile. Lately, that's what I've been doing with something that I've been working on for quite some time. I've had some bumps and misses that caused me to stumble again and again. But like this song says, I'm determined to win it all.


No comments: