Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Why I Hate Making Mistakes: Mistake Number Three By Culture Club




They say that no matter how careful we try to be, mistakes happen. They also said even if mistakes happen, we should not be afraid to try again. As much as I agree with the second sentence, there are times when making a mistake can really hit you hard. Sometimes it not only affects you but also people around you and that makes it worse. Whether it's because we took something for granted or something just happened out of the blue, when a mistake happens, you can bet the consequences are catastrophic. when I think about mistakes and their consequences, Culture Club's song "Mistake Number 3" comes to mind.

When I was young, I remember the stern reprimand that we got from our parents when we made a mistake. They made sure that we understood what would happen if we did it again and we did our best not to. As a result, I've come to realize that we make mistakes, other people get affected as well. If it was just me, it would be okay. If other people got hurt, it would really bother me.

Still, we can't let that stop us from trying. We just have to learn things along the way. There is no full proof guarantee that things won't go wrong. I know now that although it's hard when mistakes happen, you have to face up to it. More importantly, you have to learn from and grow from it. In the end, you have to chalk it up as one of life's lesson and move on.

No comments: