Saturday, September 25, 2010

Reminds Me Of My Nanny/How My Favorite Songs Affect Me: Yesterday Once More By The Carpenters




Today is Saturday again and that means it 24K again. Today is also my late Nanny's birthday and I miss her a lot. What the two have are the fond memories of the good times that I have about the good time that I had in the past. She was a second mother who raised us through the years and cheered us up when we were down. Now that she's gone, I think about her a lot and just like my favorite 24K songs, her memories really bring back the past so vividly that it sometimes overwhelms me. I remember one of her favorite songs was "Yesterday Once More" by The Carpenters.

Like any of my top 24K songs, this one really makes me stop what I'm doing and just want to listen to it. With this song, the memories of the good times I spent with her come alive and I hear her laughter and remember how she stood by us like a true mother. I remember when I took her out to a movie and treated her to the mall, I felt happy and proud to do something for her in return for all that she's done. I wish I could've done more before she passed away. Not a day goes by when I don't think of her.

Wherever she is, I hope she's doing fine because she deserves it after all that she has done for all of us. I remember I saw her in dream where she was in a party and she was smiling. Someone told me that it was a sign that she's in heaven and I hope that's true. I bet right now, she, my father and grandfather are having a great time somewhere up there. Happy Birthday Ads, I miss you a lot.

No comments: