Saturday, September 4, 2010

Another Song That Gets Me All Fired Up: Fanfare For The Common Man Cover By Emerson, Lake And Palmer




As I previously said before in my blog entries, one of the good qualities of a 24K song is that it inspires you to do your best in whatever you do. It should boost your spirits at the time when you are about to face your biggest challenge. It inspires you to achieve what you set out to do. One song that clearly does that is Emerson, Lake And Palmer's version of "Fanfare For The Common Man".

This song was originally composed in 1942 by Aaron Copeland to honoring the common man. Emerson,Lake And Palmer later revived the song which became one of their biggest hits. It was later used most notably by CBS for as the opening of their sports program CBS Sports Spectacular. It is not surprising because it's inspirational tone really makes people get up and do something great. You don't songs like these anymore.

I wish we had more inspiring tunes like this because it reminds us to aim high and overcome adversity. Sadly, I will again say that most of the songs today do anything but inspire. A lot of them speak of irresponsible people whining and complaining about their situation rather than doing something about it. Well, if that's music today, no thank. I'll stick to my 24K classics cause at least some of them lift me up rather than make me want to whine.

No comments: