Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Getting The Low End Of The Stick: She Caught The Katy By The Blues Brothers




With so many problems and virtually no solution in sight, I am once again on my down mood. Sleeping and waking up to the same situation sure is a bummer. I guess that’s the reason why I’ve been listening to some blues or any song that has a good saxophone or brass section. It really reflects how low I’ve been feeling. One song that has caught my fancy due to my mood is the Blues Brothers’ version of a Taj Mahal classic called “She Caught The Katy”.

I remember this was the opening theme of the movie which was one of my all-time favorites. Anyway, I don’t what the Katy is but lately I feel so low that I’d be lucky if I had a mule to ride. A lot of the things that I hoped for didn’t come about and what’s worse is that the opposite is happening, , the reason for my latest melancholy mood. Right now I’d like to take some comfort down south or take a walk with Johnnie or even hook up with Jack. Anything to chase the blues.

Well, right now I am still trying to get what I’m working on to bear results though I have to admit it’s still an uphill struggle. It gets worse when people tell me that it won’t work and I get a lecture on the “what could’ves” which I have no defense against since nothing’s happening. Right now, the only thing that I can do is work through the ridicule and all the other crap till I do make something from what I am working on. I’d settle for a day without a hassle caused there’s not a day where something doesn’t happen around here. This is really getting the low end of the stick.


No comments: