Tuesday, September 14, 2010

When You Realize What You Missed Out: Sandra By Barry Manilow




This might come out as a surprise to a lot of people but when I was in Grade Five, I found myself listening to Barry Manilow. I guess I was still finding my way to what kind of music that best identifies with my character. Still, there were some songs from him that still catches my ear. I guess because like a lot of songs in my collection, it's something that I can relate to. One song that I suddenly found myself remembering from him is "Sandra".

I guess it's about a devoted wife who realizes just how much she was missing out on life. It's something that I can relate to because there were a lot of things that I missed out on life. Things that would have helped me cope with a lot of things that people go through in life. Some of them may seem trivial, but in reality they are essential if people are going to be complete and move in life. Right now I find myself wishing that I hadn't especially now that things are so complicated and there are a lot of things need to be taken care of.

Sadly, time waits for no one. As incomplete as I feel myself to be, I have to keep moving forward. Hopefully, one day things will really settle down, I'll be able to address these things that I've missed out on. I hope I do cause there's lately I've been feeling down. The fact that I feel that is enough for me to know that I know that I've missed.

No comments: