Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Guess I Still Believe: I Believe By Tears For Fears




It's funny how when times change, so do people's values. What was once taboo is now open to the public and what was once sacred is now an object of ridicule. I never subscribed to this view after realizing that your values and beliefs tell people who you are. Sometimes what you believe in fails you but you keep believing because it is during those bad times where your beliefs are tested to its limits. When asks about what I believe and hold dear, the song "I Believe" by Tears For Fears comes to mind.

This song is probably best listened to in a dark, airconditioned bar with stoogie and a brew. As you alternate between puffs and gulps, you think about ideas that you believe in and how you stand by them no matter how rocky things. For right now, things are still a bit messed up and the worst part about it is that everything I believe in is getting trashed left and right. As much as it hurts, I bite the bullet and keep working. As much as it hurts to cry, you've got to keep moving if you want things to change and be proven right.

Despite all the crap that gets thrown my way I still believe in a lot of things that kept me going. I maybe no angel but I believe faith, hope and love as well as God Almighty. I believe that despite all the crap that gets thrown my way, things will be better if we just ride out the storm. Sometimes they get too much for me and leave me weary at the end of the day but I still believe that it'll all come to pass. Through the good times and bad, I still believe.

No comments: