Saturday, September 11, 2010

We All Have Our Reasons For Singing The Blues: Why I Sing The Blues By B.B. King




Though things are starting to calm down again, I still feel that I'm in a deep blue funk. I don't know how long this lull is going to last, but I'm savoring it before something happens and I wind up drowning in the blues. I know I'm not alone but sometimes we all get a little bit caught up with our own problems and there times when we need to just let it all out. Thinking about the things that bring us down reminds me of the song "Why I Sing The Blues" by B.B. King.

Life is hard enough as it is and now it's getting a lot harder for a lot of people. Whether it is family, money, relationship, work, there's always a reason why someone out there feels so down. To add insult to injury, you already paid your dues and nobody seems to understand, let alone care. When that happens, it really makes you feel so alone and alienated. Why wouldn't you have the blues, let alone sing it.

Still, life and time waits for no one. You either get with the program or shrivel up and die. Despite my blues, I do what I can because it's all that I can do. I just wish things would ease because sometimes I feel like paying dues I don't even owe. I know life is hard and unfair, but lately things are getting more and more unfair and that is not right. So when I sing the blues, I have reasons just like everyone cause there's always a reason to sing the blues.

No comments: