Saturday, September 18, 2010

Something Cheerful : Parker's Band By Steely Dan




I've been through a lot these past few weels. It really left me worn out and stressed without any relief in sight. With Monday fast approaching, I could sure use something cheerful to pick me up. Suddenly, a song just came into my head that just fitted that bill. That song was Steely Dan's "Parker's Band".

It was loud, fast-paced and had a way of lifting me out of my funk. It was like someone shaking your up and telling you that something grand is happening. When you take listen to that song, I guess it's the next best thing to having your real "bros" and "buds" with you with the band playing and everybody cheering. More importantly, it reminded me that there is still something good out there. Just get yourself on your feet and find it.

I don't know how long this cheerfulness will last. For all I know is that the next bum rap is just around the corner. For know I'll just immerse myself into this song and let it wash all the bad stuff away. With the weekend at a close, I really need to pick myself up. I guess the best way to do that is take a piece of Parker's Band.

No comments: