Monday, September 27, 2010

Unwind A Bit After Work: Happy Hour By The Housemartins




I remember blogging about how I'd have a drink or two before going home. Though it may not have been a healthy habit physically,mentally and emotionally you get a lot out of your mind and heart. This is truly so when you have good people to talk to while you enjoy your drink. After a weary and sometimes bad day, you really need to take some time to get it all out of your system. Remembering those times when you unwind a bit before going home reminds me of the song "Happy Hour" by The Housemartins.

When work sucks and you feel the same way, sometimes you want to just get it off your chest before going home. Having a few brews with someone who's had his or her share of crap helps you open up about the remains of the day. Just go to a good place where the atmosphere is cool and the drinks are cheap. Pretty soon the smile replaces the scowl and you feel relaxed after a tensed. Not wanting to overdo it, if you feel better, then that's the time to call it a day.

It's been a while since I shared a drink with my friends (inner-circle). Especially now, that things are a bit chaotic and I'm needed here at home as soon as work is done. Still, it's starting to take it's toll on me as I wake up and go to sleep tense. I just hope that what I am working on will finally bear fruit and be sustainable so that from their I can work on other things that can help ease the situation around here. Once all of this is resolved, I'd gladly have a real good drink and have a good time cause by then it'll really be happy hour.


No comments: