Sunday, October 4, 2009

When Things Are Bleak: Black By Pearl Jam



No matter how energized and optimistic people are, there are times when we feel down. When s____t happens, it can really take us by surprise and before you know it, everything is ruined. When that happens, everything just stops and nothing matters. Anything bright, colorful and happy suddenly turns dark and eerie due to that development. When things fall apart and the mood's is one of being pissed off, I remember the song "Black" by Pearl Jam. Ironically black is one of my favorite colors, along with blue, gray, white and red. Most of the time, though, it is associated with moods of depression, anger, frustration and grief or all the negative emotions that we feel during tough times. When things that you desperately want to come true, crumble to dust, you could literally feel your hear slip out of your chest and splatter all over the floor. After that, nothing else matters anymore. You don't know nothing or no one and only time will tell when you snap out of it. I've had a lot of black episodes myself and each really cut like a knife inside me. Sometimes I wonder if anyone knew or even cared that I felt that way during the very painful episodes of my life. All I could do was just take the pain and weather the storm and when I think about it, I am thankful that I'm still here and so are the rest of the people that I care for. Dark times happen because it's part of life and we have to be strong when it does. It'll take time but later on the light will come and shine over those black episodes, giving us chance to start again. 

No comments: