Sunday, October 18, 2009

That Melancholic Feeling When One Says Goodbye: Paglisan By Color It Red

Well in two weeks time, October will be over then it's November and before you know it, its December and another year ends. Whenever a year is about to end, I get that melancholic feeling again and I start looking back at all that's happened. I think a lot about all that's happening and the people who I seldom or don't get to see anymore. That melancholic feeling gets heighten every time 24K starts playing on the airwaves. One such song that embodies that feeling of melancholic goodbyes is "Paglisan" by Color It Red.

In one of my old entries, I blogged about not being able to say goodbye to those I wanted to say it to during my high school graduation way back when. No that I'm getting older, I often wonder how everybody's doing. A lot of times when it's time to for people to go their separate ways, I tend to avoid such situations. I know it's immature but I hate when my emotions get the best of me during such occasions. Seeing people go and not knowing when or if you'll see them again really hits me and when I find myself in that situation it's like seeing a giant door slowly closing with a load click, signaling the time for you or that party to go.

Well life goes on and so do we. It's unpleasant but things like that happen. Well, not a day goes by that I don't think about them. Wherever they are, I wish them well. Maybe one day, we'll all see each other again. When that happens, I know the good times will come alive again.

No comments: