Monday, October 26, 2009

Another Song About Starting Over: Back Where You Started By The Kinks





I feel really pissed today. I'm so upset about it that I can't even bring myself to mention it. It's just that it involves something that I was rooting for all month and it fell apart. The only thing that I will mention is that after that debacle, it's definitely back to the drawing boards. As much as I knew to expect the unexpected, I still wish it didn't happen. Right now the song "Back Where You Started" by the Kinks is ringing inside my head.

Whenever you reach the top, the biggest enemy that you can have is complacency, when you finally get there, it becomes a battle to stay there. That means it's your turn to be the open target for all the hungry guys out there. When that happens, it doesn't matter if the guy comes from an injury or a string of losses so long as he wants what you want. If you let your guard down or worse, underestimate him, you could or will loose what you have gained. When that happens, it's a pretty long fall and you have to go back to the drawing boards.

Although I'm very disappointed right now, I still am rooting for that guy. This is where we will see if he is made of real stuff. Crap like this happens and it is a test whether or not he will rise above it. I hope he does because I don't want to see him go down the road to obscurity. It's a long road, but if you want to get it back, you have to do it all over again.

No comments: