Monday, October 12, 2009

Despite All My Rage, I Am Still Just A Rat In A Cage: Bullets With Butterfly Wings By The Smashing Pumpkins



As I have said before, one of the things that I like about 90's music is that a lot of the songs that were played during that time were all about the inner frustrations and anger that people felt. It was time where people really expressed what they felt and a lot of times it was dark. Heck, with the way things are, I'm not surprise if people harbor a lot of frustration with all the crap that's being tossed their way. The problem is their limitations often prevent them from doing something about it and those who try end up crashing and burning. When that feeling anger and helplessness gets to me, song "Bullets With Butterfly Wings" by The Smashing Pumpkins sums up the situation that a lot of us are in.

A lot of times, we all find ourselves in really bad situations where the odds are against us that it gets so frustrating. You want to get mad and blame somebody but that you know that won't help. Those who are naive and foolish think they can stand up to the man, only to wind up getting the living crap get beaten out of them. When that happens, it painful way of putting you in your place as well as a grim reminder that being sassy only gets you a butt-kicking. That really stinks.

I guess that's the reason why you need to do a lot of things to make sure that something gets done about it. Solutions don't come easily and you have to arm yourself with knowledge and a lot of resources if things are going to change. Also, there is a need to get everyone on board which signifies to get things really moving cause the more people get behind something, the bigger the chance that something will move and take action on the problem. I know there are a lot of angry people out there who feel powerless, but if they can make a change if they do hard and do it right. Right now, I am all that I can to make some changes in my life because I don't want to be just an angry rat in a cage.

No comments: