Monday, October 5, 2009

Something Inside You: In Your Soul By Corey Hart


I remember during my last year in St. Cyr, a friend told me that you can't run away from something that's inside you. I was struck that someone in Grade VI would say something so deep. I guess he was right because there are a lot of things that I missed out in my life. As a result, I've spent a large part of my life searching for the things that would complete me. When I hear the song "It's In Your Soul" by Corey Hart, I always get into that soul-searching mood. This, along with "It Aint Enough For You" always stops me in my tracks. It always stirs unanswered questions inside me. The "would'ves", "could'ves" and "should'ves" questions start to rise from the grave and haunt me once this song plays. After that, I find myself restless and start looking out the window, searching for those things that I lost. In the end, there is only one place where I have to look and that's inside me.Right now, I'm still searching at time I should be well settled. I try hard to suppress feelings of desperation since I am no longer young and my time is past. Still I don't want to lose hope so I keep on going till some closure comes about from all this. Better late than never is what they and that is what I am going to do. I hope one day I find the key so that I can unlock the things inside of me and find some peace in doing so.

No comments: