Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dreaming And Making It Real: Dream Time By Daryl Hall





As I have often mentioned, one of the reasons why I'm in the situation that I'm in is because a lot of things that I wanted to do didn't come true. It was a hard way to learn the difference between dreaming and reality. When things that happen, you find yourself stuck in a situation that you don't want to be in. For a lot of people who are in that predicament, the only place that they can run to is deep within their mind. When people have the tendency to do that, I think of the song "Dream Time" by Daryl Hall.

When I hear this song, it helps explain the reason why I don't want to wake in the morning. In my previous entries, I often talk about being in a dream where everything was to my liking. It was a picture perfect world until it suddenly fades away and I find myself scrambling out the door to meet the daily grind. There are a lot of unsatisfied people these days who tried hard but fell short of their dreams. Living on dream time is all they have to go to when it gets too much for them.

Living in a dream can soothe you every now and then. Nevertheless, when reality calls, it's time to get up. As sweet a dream as it was, it's those who meet the harsh realities of life head on who are the strong ones. They are even stronger when they beat the odds and make their dreams come true. Dreaming is one thing; making it a reality is something better.

No comments: