Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Trying Hard To Make It There: Meet Me Half Way By Kenny Loggins



I remember when I was a kid, I watched this t.v. movie called "The Red Fern" where a kid wanted to have a pair of hunting dogs but his family couldn't afford it. His grandfather advised him if you really want something you have to move to get. It was something like if you meet God half-way, the greater the chances of it coming true. So the kid worked his butt off to earn the money and when he did, he had to go through all sorts of obstacles just to get them. After all the hard work and all the risks, he was able finally get those dogs that he so wanted and he did by making it happen against the odds. When I think about doing all that you can to make things happen, I think about the song "Meet Me Half Way" by Kenny Loggins.

The song was taken from the movie "Over The Top" and was more focus with father-and-son relations rather than working on making things happen. Still, for me this song makes me think about how much do I want to make things happen. Seeing dreams fade to nothingness was a hard lesson for me to learn. If you really want things to you have to move. It's good to to talk to the Big Guy about what you want to do, but it is better if you starting working on things that you can do to speed up the process.

I guess when things do happen, it means that the Big Guy was working through you. Since you did all that you can do on your end, He probably did his part and the world started to turn. Despite all the hard luck that I have been having, I still believe that if you do all you can, you can make it and if the Big Guy sees it, then he'll meet you half way there or better yet all the way there. Though I still have a lot to learn and do, I won't give till I make either half way or all the way.

No comments: