Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Another Rare Song That Needs More Air Time: The Sound Of Your Voice By 38 Special




A lot of times when I listen to 99.5 rt's 24K Week End program, my ears are glued to the radio for 48 hours straight. My cellphone is loaded so that I can text in my request or if the DJ is willing, I'd give him a call and ask for the songs that I would like to hear. I'd wait patiently for my songs to come up and once it's played, everything is all right. Still, I think that Rt's 24 K program has not reached it's full potential. There are still a lot of old classics from the past that need to be played that the program still hasn't aired yet while others were played for a short time and were never played again. One such song that should be played more often is 38 Special's "The Sound Of Your Voice".

I have to thank DJ Alan Ranch because he was one of the few DJs who took the effort to look for this song and played it a couple of times. I liked this song because the band was back with that old Southern Rock song which they are still famous for. Like a lot of 24 K classics, I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it back in the early 90's. Lately I tried asking the DJs of 24K to play this song but sadly they either don't know about or it's not on their database. Whenever I hear that, I sometimes think being low tech isn't so bad because they would go to the vault and find these great songs that should still be played on the radio.

Once again I call on the younger generation to preserve whatever songs in their time that they deemed is priceless. Time changes and before you know it everything is different and the music you grew up with will suddenly fade away. That's why I always give 24K DJs a challenge every week because there are a lot of songs that need to be heard. I also hope that they bring out hits from the 60's and 70's because the old guard use to play songs from those periods, making the program very eclectic by catering to different generations who grew up on RT. I hope they this song as well as other great hits because no other station but RT is capable of doing this.

No comments: