Saturday, October 31, 2009

It's Halloween That's Why: Thriller By



Despite a some rain and some powerful, it seems that the typhoon known as "Santi" has past. I guess that means that the party is still on for a lot of kids and some adults cause today is Halloween. As I have blogged yesterday, the kids will be out with their parents going door to door asking for treats from good neighbors who are happy enough to oblige them. Apart from all the ghoulish costumes, they are probably playing all the Halloween songs that would fit the occasion. One such song that I bet they'll be playing over and over again is "Thriller" by Micheal Jackson.

Man, when I was in high school, I thought I'd never hear the end of this song as my classmates would play and twirl themselves on the floor over it. It also spawned a lot of jokes, on both movie and television shows both here and abroad. Back then, whether it was Halloween or just another get together, people would play all the songs from the album, especially this one. A lot of my classmates would sport those tight fitting pants and square shoes that Jackson wore and dance the night away to pitcher of "zombie" or whatever favorite cocktail the bar had to offer. Come to think of it, how we were able to get into a bar and have some drinks sure surprises me now.

After Jackson's sudden demise, his records and other merchandise are once again in demand and are making a killing. His album "Thriller" is once again out there in tribute to his talent. Recently, there has been a competition for setting a world record for the most number of zombie dances to this song. I still don't who won on that score. Anyway, don't be surprise to hear this song over and over again tonight and if you ask yourself why, quite simply, cause it's Halloween.

No comments: