Friday, October 2, 2009

Nice Remake/Confidence Song: Respect Yourself By The Staple Singers Remade By Bruce Willis


Whenever we see people who are brash and cocky, our first impression is that these people are arrogant who don't know what they're doing. Yet whatever they lack in knowledge, experience or skill, they make up for in their guts. This is shown in their willingness to face the unknown without hesitation or fear. These people are the type who will face anything or everything because they believe in themselves, thus respect themselves. When I see such people who have that much confidence in themselves, I remember the song "Respect Yourself", originally done by The Staple Singers and was later used by Bruce Willis. I heard this song at the time when things weren't going right for me in college. I have to admit it helped bring me back to my feet. I realize that when things go wrong and you find yourself down, just wait for that second wind and believe in what you can do and just do it. You respect yourself when you make the most of what you got inside you. People who do this are able to beat the odds no matter who much is stacked against them and that's the type of person we all want to be. Though I have a hard time figuring things out, I don't want to wallow in self-pity. I want to resolve things on my own with as little help as possible. It's not because I'm cocky but I want to be more self-reliant and make the most of what I can do. When you do more on your own, you become more productive and more respected. That's the best way one can respect one's self.

No comments: