Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tired Of Secondhands: Hand-Me-Down World By The Guess Who




As much as I am not a materialistic guy, there are times when I wish I had some extra cash in my pocket. I know I'm not alone when that thought enters my head. These days, things are so hard, people just settle for hand-me-downs when you short on the dough. As much as it helps, there comes a time when you're of hand-me-downs and want to get one of your very own. Every time I feel this way, I listen to the song "Hand-Me-Down World" by The Guess Who.

It's not that I'm greedy or materialistic and it's not that I'm picky either, infact, I'm a very pragmatic person who puts needs before wants. I realize the current situation leaves a lot of people with no options but to cut back on a lot of things. Be that as it may, there are times when a person would want to live a little, especially after working hard day in and day out. It's not just about being hip or being materialistic that people want something new because you get something brand new, it also shows your capabilities of being able to stand on your own two feet. The hard part about second hands is that it is old, used, out of style, might not be in good condition and most importantly, it is not something you can really call your own because it came from someone else.

Well with the way things are, we just have to cope with these situations or find a way to make things better. How to do that is up to us to find a way. Until then, we just have to make due with what we can. Hopefully, things will turn around and I know that it's sounds monotonous, but I hope what I am planning will bear fruit. Till then, I guess I'll just have to toughen it out.

No comments: