Thursday, October 29, 2009

Getting The Proper Grip On Things: Hold On Loosely By 38 Special




These last two years have been very emotional for me in terms of the "bond". The reason for this is that I watched helpless as that "bond" take one hell of a beating. It was heartbreaking seeing that which you so cherish stark to crack and grow weaker. I sometimes wonder if anyone else feels the same way and I don't how how to resolve this. Sometimes trying to get a grip on this situation reminds me of the song "Hold On Loosely" byi 38 Special.

I know this is a song about a girl some guy doesn't want to loose, but you can say that important relationships are pretty much the same thing. The problem is how to approach the situation. Try to look the other way, and the rift gets deeper and before you know it, everyone is gone. Try to be aggressive about it and everyone blows a gasket and nobody wins. Quite frankly, the last two years have been very sad ones for me. Although I have a lot to be thankful, it is eclipsed by the weakening of the "bond".

As the year ends, once again I feel sad and depressed. I don't know how things will get resolved but small part of me hopes that it does. I just hope the others realize it as well and come to their senses. What we had was something that no one or very few people had. To see that go bad and go to waste is sad indeed.

No comments: