Friday, October 9, 2009

"Feel Good Song"/Learning To Enjoy The Simple L ife Together: Taken In By Mike And The Mechanicsife




Whether you are an average working class Joe or a famous celebrity, there times when you have the need to get away from it all. Even if we're staying at the most rocking city on earth, there are times when a simple quiet place can be the remedy that we need. It doesn't matter if what your social status is; what matters is that it gives you some quality time and appreciate the simple things in life. It gets better when you're in the company of good people who make you feel at home which is exactly what we all want when things go crazy. When I think about that feeling of being at home and enjoying it with other people regardless of who they are, I listen to the song "Taken In" by Mike And The Mechanics.

This is one of my favorite "feel good" songs because that's exactly how I felt the first time I heard it. It's like walking into your idea of a cozy house after a long hard day is the feeling I get when I hear this song. The video is cool as well as it features the band jamming in the house only to find a family still occupying it. Alls well, ends well, the family lets them stay and they the place together in a cozy family-style vacation which is pretty cool in my book. No stress and all smiles in a cool location is something everyone would like their vacation to be.

The thing I like best about the video of this song is when they were having fun at a barbecue while swimming at the lake. It may not be glamorous, but for me, that's the next best thing to paradise. Going to a place to relax, sharing it with other people and having fun in the process, who can ask for anything more? I wish there more songs like this. In the bleak and tough world we live in today, hearing these kind of tunes is the next best thing to being their and I hope I get go there one day.


No comments: