Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Remembering Past Loves: Scarborough Fair By Simon And Garfunkel




Everytime February comes in, my mind drifts back to a lot of people who I've met over the years. Unfortunately, I was close but not good enough as they all came and went with the passing of time. Still the good times that I've had with them soften the blows a bit. A lot of times I wonder how they are now and I hope that they are all doing fine. The song "Scarborough Fair" by Simon and Garfunkel pretty much sums up how I feel about them.

Whether it was a moment or over number of years, when someone touches you, it is so hard to forget them. Whenever this song, I just want to sit down and listen to it, especially during late afternoons when the wind blows a bit stronger. When that happens, you a lot about what happened and how things might have been if the situation was different. When I get into this mood, I make sure that I'm by myself. The reason for that is because the emotion that these memories bring can really overwhelming.

I have to admit, there are a lot of things that I wanted to say, but alas I was not able to do so. I need not mention that as they disappeared, they took a little of me with them. Though things didn't work out, I which them well which is the best that I can do for them. We had our moments and that's good enough for me. They were all once true loves of mine.

No comments: