Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Don't Want To Miss Out Anymore: Missed Opportunities By Hall And Oates




Though we never want to admit, each and everyone of us experienced a time when we passed up a good opportunity that could have made life better. We don't see impact of such choices until later in life. As always, we realize the significance when it's too late. Well, sadly, them's the brakes and we have to make due with what we have chosen. I got this idea from the song "Missed Opportunities" by Daryl Hall and John Oates.


I guess this song reminds me to be very careful about the choices we make in life. A wrong choice can sometimes lead to a lifetime of regret for a lot of people. Why do we make the choices that we make could be because we were narrow-minded, impulsive, didn't consider other options or was just plain immature or scared of it either being a failure or even being a success. No matter what the reason, once one decides, there's no turning back. One is lucky if there was a chance to take back such a choice, especially if it affects one's life.

If there's one thing that I learned from all this is that you should think things thoroughly and carefully of what options to take regarding certain matters and situations. Know everything that you need to know before you take that big leap. If you don't, it make be a deep plunge to something very unpleasant. I'm not saying that I won't be making any mistakes along the way but what is important is that in the end, you made the right choice of opportunities. For me, one thing is for sure and that is that I don't want to miss out on any good opportunities anymore, especially now at this stage in my life where are so few left.

No comments: