Saturday, February 20, 2010

Let Me Hear My Request Before I Do Anything Else: Just A Song Before I Go By Crosby, Stills And Nash




Last night, I once again made preparations for 24K Weekend by charging my MP3 player as well as loading my cellphone. As I have mentioned time and time again, whenever the program starts, my ears are glued 24/7 and my fingers dial the station's number to either phone in or text my request. Whenever there's a confirmation that the song will be played, I wait like a hunter for it to be played. When it does get played, everything stops for me as I savor the tune from begining to end. That savory feeling that I get whenever I hear my request on the air reminds me of the song "Just A Song Before I Go" by Crosby, Stills And Nash.

Due to that the fact that these songs are so are so rare is the reason why I suddenly go on sudden freeze when I hear them. I'm pretty much like that guy from that episode on "Senfield" who freezes every time he hears the song "Desperado" by the Eagles. Whenever, I listen to my request, I hate when people bother me. It always happens in a middle of my request, just when I was getting into it when they destroy the mood. Sometimes, I think these people are the masters of bad timing.

I just can't help but freeze whenever I hear my favorite song gets played because I only get to listen to it once a week. The fact that there is now so-called "playlist" rule in the station and the fact that some dj's won't play the same song on the same time and day makes it even more difficult. This makes lessens the possibility of hearing my favorite 24K songs on the program. If that's the case, I can't help but freeze when the song does get played. I don't know when they will play it again.

No comments: