Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Knowing When You've Had Too Much Or Even Too Little: Too Much By The Spice Girls




You know these days, I take things in moderation. 15 years ago, I had the time of my life. I used to go out where I wanted to go and come home right after I've had my fill. These days, it's just grind in and grind out and I'm starting to feel more and more dull. Every time I hear that song "Too Much" by The Spice Girls, I am trying to figure out what it is that I'm missing out of and what I've been too much.

I'm not really a fan of this group and although this song is about romance, I'd rather apply to things that are in excess as well as what is lacking in me lately. As I have blogged before, one of the things that I am missing out in is some quality time for myself. I don't even go out anymore and the only thing that keeps me together to date is being able to work out in the early mornings. Some people are starting to ask me if I have a social life outside of work and I suddenly find myself at a loss for words which is why I need to take stock of what's been happening to me.

That doesn't mean that I'm just going to tuck tail run off on my family. The fact that they still need my help is the reason why I do what I'm doing. Still, I hope that one day, I get to do some of the things that I use to. I just hope that things here would truly be settled when that day comes. This has been going for too long lately and I hope something turns up soon.

No comments: