Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Making It Through Despite All The Obstacles: Breakdown Dead A Head By Boz Scaggs




Ever had one of those times, when you got a job to do with very little time and resources to do it? As the clock ticks, you race against time and work furiously to get it done. Along the way, a lot of snags start to appear which may impede your progress. To add insult to injury, there'll be time when people can't help you or worse, even make fun of your predicament. Still, despite all the bad obstacles, you force yourself to give it that one push that's needed and you get the job done in the end. Making through despite all those obstacles reminds me of the song "Breakdown Dead A Head" by Boz Scaggs.

I'm not perfect, but one I don't like doing is letting other people down. When people ask you do something important, they not only depend on you but more importantly, they believe in you. When I sense that, I feel that I have to do what it takes to get it done. It also forces me to really dig deep into everything I know and use it during this time. I also have to focus all my energy to the task at hand and it feels good that you're doing something productive that's going to benefit a lot of people or even one special person. For me, seeing people liking what I did can be rewarding enough because it makes me feel that I did good.

Nothing is ever easy in life and you gotta move if you want to get it done. Even when I'm tired or if it is out of the blue, I don't like shrinking from a task. I'd rather see it as a challenge to see if I can pull it off. The more you do, the more you accomplish and more importantly, the more you learn. Besides, listening to 24K songs such as this makes work all the more enjoyable. With 24K songs, I feel can get through the job even if there's a breakdown dead ahead.

No comments: