Thursday, February 18, 2010

If You Really Want It, You're Going To Have To Go Beyond Yourself: You Can't Always Get What You Want By The Rolling Stones




I remember an entry I made a while back using the song "Anyway You Want It" by Journey. In it, I described how some people will do anything to get what they want no matter what the cost. When some people around me get into that mood, you can bet I'd be lying on the floor with tongue flomped out of my mouth because of the lengths from what I had to go through to keep them satisfied. Lately, I've been thinking that the reason behind this is because they're determined to do all that it takes to get the job done no matter what the cost. Listening to the song "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by the Rolling Stones, I realize that unless I really pull out all the stops, I won't get that what I need. let alone, what I want.

It's no secret that one of the reason why people succeed is because they go beyond their limitations to achieve their goals. None of us are perfect and there are times our flaws hinder us from what we want to accomplish. Yet, there are people out there who were able to attain their goals despite these obstacles. Whether it was physical, mental, emotional, status or whatever, these guys made it against the odds. It's a lesson we should never forget.

A lot of times, we fall short of our goals and when that happens, we act like the fox who failed to get the grapes. Others try to reassure themselves that next time, we'll get it. As for me, I know that we don't always get what we want. However, if we try hard enough, we will prevail in the end. Just keep on trying and you'll get it and that's what I intend to do.

No comments: