Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Another Cool Sunset/Driving Song: 29 Palms By Robert Plant




If you've read some of my entries on this blog, you'll notice that the best time for me to listen to these tunes is either when the sun is about to set as the wind grows stronger, when your pals and bros are all present or when you're just cruising down the highway as the memories race through your mind. It's at these times when the pull of the past is at its strongest and as you gaze to that far off horizon that only you know what it is. It's usually when you're alone that the memories really become vivid. Sometimes it gets so strong that it you just get caught up in them. One such song that does that is Robert Plant's "29 Palms".

I don't why but whenever I drive down the road or simply gaze out to sunset, memories really hit me hard. Maybe it's because of the many unanswered questions that I have or the fact that I still haven't found that which would give me the inner peace that I have longed for. At my age, I really need to put myself at ease as time is now rapidly fading and worse, passing me by. I guess should explain my constant restlessness these days.

It's not like I just want to bury my head under the ground but sometimes finding peace is getting more and more difficult. Still if it's out there, then I'll find it. It's just a matter of finding the right way. Until then, the sunset and the driving will suffice. Especially, when there's a 24K song playing in the radio.

No comments: