Wednesday, February 24, 2010

City Boy Through And Through: C.I.T.Y. By John Cafferty And The Beaver Brown Band




One difference between me and my brothers is that they've been around and I haven't. For me, I'm just a city-dweller who goes from one end to another. How much my travel allowance takes me is the extent of my travel. Still, my pleasures are simple and so long as they are within the city's reach, that's fine with me. Kinda reminds me of that song "C.I.T.Y." by John Cafferty And The Beaver Brown Band.

It's not that I don't like going out beyond my space; it's just that I'm a guy with simple pleasures. I have to admit I am a bit low financially but that doesn't mean I can't get around. Back then, I just hop on the bus and see what the city has to offer. I'd go around and look at what I want to look and if there's something worth enjoying then I go for it. When the day's over, I head on home and relax a bit as I prepare for the next day's chores.

Sure it's big world out there but for now, this will do. Just to be able to absorb all the sights and sounds is enough for me. It gets better if I end the night with a brew together with my bros and buds. If there's always something going down and you just have to go look for it. That's the best way to end the day and I'm happy with that. What can I say but I'm a city boy through and through.

No comments: