Thursday, February 25, 2010

More Like Good Riddence: Na, Na, Na, Hey, Hey, Kiss Him Goodbye By Steam




remember an episode from "Simpsons" where Mr. Burns retired and entered Mo's Tavern where Homer and his friends were hanging out. They started making fun of Mr. Burns which made him mad, but as he tried to threaten them, they pointed out that he's not their boss anymore. As a result, Burns backed down and left the bar with Homer and others mocking him as he left. As they mocked him, Homer sang a song which sums up that Burns was finished and the others joined him. That song was "Na, Na, Na, Hey, Hey, Kiss Him Goodbye" by Steam.

I know this song is about a guy trying to convince his crush to choose him over her current companion. Because of that episode of the Simpsons, for me this is about rejoicing that someone jerk has hit the road. Whenever I remember that female co-worker from "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" blog entry, I sang this song when she was finally given the boot. She was a lazy, condescending @#@! who though that she can always getaway with it. I guess there is some justice after all.

Nowadays, I think this song is appropriate for celebrating after the blues has been chased away. Whether it's to convince that special someone to choose you or simply to celebrate the end of a bad period in your life, this song fits the bill. Whenever I think about her finally being out of here, I really sing this song the way Homer did. As for her, I sing this song whenever someone asks me what I think about her being cut. It's more like good riddance than goodbye and also don't come back.

No comments: