Monday, February 22, 2010

Laughing On The Outside, Crying On The Inside: I'm So Happy That I Can't Stop Crying By Sting




For those of us who have had a lot of hits in our hearts, it's a miracle that we're still on our feet despite all the disappointments that we've had time and time again. We comfort that once the storm blows over, things finally look good. When that happens, we can go face the world and get our lives back in order. Still, there are times that the old hurt still lingers and even though we laugh outside, we also cry inside as well. I listen to the song "The Inside: I'm So Happy That I Can't Stop Crying" by Sting when bittersweet memories make me feel both happy and sad at the same time.

Whether it's a dream that didn't come true, an institution that I failed to be part of or the one that got away, it's during these kinds of situations that both emotions hit me at once. Like a lot of people, I just have to move on and hope that things get better at the same time or work towards that kind of future. Sometimes when I hear something about those dreams that didn't come true or see those institutions or even meet that someone, that when it really gets to me. I often have to stop for a bit and get my thoughts together. Even though I'm presently doing fine, experiences like that still get to me.

Still, what's done is done and you just have to move on. Of course, what could have been will always hurt but that's life. All I know that I'm still alive and there are other things in store for me. It's just a matter of just looking out there in the great wide open. Just live your life and make the most of what it brings you and try to be happy both inside and out.

No comments: