Sunday, February 24, 2013

There's Always A Part Of Them Inside You: Can't Stop Loving You By Steelheart


Whenever February rolls in, I keep remembering the first post I made on this blog.  It was about a girl I met at college that I had feelings for.  Though we never made and she got married,  I still think about her from time to time.  She still has a special place inside me and I treasure the times when we were together.  The fact that I still have fond memories of her reminds me of the song "Can't Stop Me Loving You" by Steelheart.

Man, bands like these who belt out the high notes and play a mean tune but still touch the sensitive side of a person.  Why she still lingers in my head is because I can't forget that smile that she flashes whenever she greets you.  She also had a way to brighten up your day with a pleasant conversation that you wish you go on and on with her.  My one regret was that I was never able to properly say goodbye to her.  Still, she'll always be special to me.

You win some you lose some they say.  I may have lost out on her but there's a part of her that will always remain with me.  I don't know where she is right now but I wish her all the best.  She helped brighten my life in college.  For that I am eternally grateful.



No comments: