Thursday, February 28, 2013

Timeless Romance Classic: Somewhere In Time Movie Soundtrack


Although action and comedy films are the genres that stir my interest, there are times when a good romance film catches my attention.  There have been a a few that I have watched and recommended.  These are the type of romance films that stand the test of time.  One film that I have to admit is my favorite is the movie "Somewhere In Time".  The sound track alone always get my attention.

The film was about a playwright who was intrigued by a photograph of a women in a hotel that he was staying in.  As he researched about her, he finds himself falling in love with her.  Through a method of time travel, he is able to go back in time to meet her and the two fall for each other.  Just when things were going well, he is pulled back to present and is unable to return.  Because of that, he dies of a broken heart but is reunited with his love in the afterlife.

I cannot believe the film receive negative reviews from critics and did not do well in the box office. Yet it is now a cult classic and one of the most loved romantic films ever made.  I guess the critics were wrong about that one.  I have to admit I watch this every time they show it on cable.  It's a timeless classic that never grows old and always touches the heart of its viewers.


No comments: