Monday, February 18, 2013

It Sure Is Sad When That Happens: When Love Breaks Down By Prefab Sprout


If you read in a news article that a pair well-known celebrities got married, people would give a cheer for news like that was only possible in fairy tails. Just when you think, it'll last forever, another article would come out that they've called it quits and are now filing for the divorce or annulment.  It sure is sad to hear such a thing happened but when it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.  The things is there's rise in the number of break-ups and that makes me wonder if it's worth going into a relationship let alone tying the knot.  When I feel sad about break-ups, it reminds me of the song "When Love Breaks Down" by Prefab Sprout.

As I've mentioned in a previous post, I've found out from my obnoxious classmate that there have been a lot of break-ups even among my high school alumni.  It seems the reality of separation is really on the rise in this country.  There are several reasons why break-ups happen and even the number of years spent in marriage doesn't assure that it would last forever.  You can be married for half a century and still break-up these days. I guess nothing's sacred anymore.

Sometimes I wonder if they really knew each other or knew what they were getting into in the first place.  These days people would break up just because they can't agree on what to watch on television.  Love and devotion just doesn't cut it anymore.  Have we really become so self-centered and practical that we would just break it off when we feel like it?  Whatever the reason, it's still sad to see love break-down because when there's no love, it's nothing.


No comments: