Friday, February 1, 2013

Lot Of Break-ups" The Thrill Is Gone By B.B. King


A few weeks ago, I bumped into an old high school buddy of mine while I was at the mall trying to get home.  We sat down for a while talked about good times and how our classmates are doing. I was surprised when he told me that a lot of our classmates who got married have called it quits.  It wasn't just alumni from my old high school but lately I've been hearing news about people breaking up and it struck that in a country where people who feel strongly about marriage, it was sad surprise to hear that this is happening.  I guess it's like that B.B. King song called "The Thrill Is Gone".

It seems the modern concept of relationships has hit our shores.  No longer are people willing to stay together through good times and bad and  when the good times are gone, that's when they go their separate ways.  They argue that they're either being practical or realistic.  If they were being realistic, they should've known each other more before tying the knot.  Sadly, nothing's sacred anymore and and people aren't willing to go to distance just to stay together.

People still keep asking me the same old question "Why do you get married?!"  After hearing that, I don't think I want to.  I may be single but when it comes to tying the knot, I'm old school.  It's about being with each other till death do us part.  It's only when the thrill is gone, only then can you say it's real when they're stand by each other.  Sadly shallow marriages are on the rise and so are the break-ups and that kind of relationship I really don't want to be in.






No comments: