Sunday, February 3, 2013

If Cupid Had A Gun: Love Gun By Kiss


A few weeks ago, I was blogging about how people were shedding their nice guy-next door image these days in favor of a more edgy and aggressive look.  It seems to me, the mean look is getting appeal these days.  Just a few days ago, I watched a a preview of a Grimm's fairy tail getting a more aggressive make-over.  Just makes wonder if people were to give Cupid a makeover in this day age, he'd probably be carrying something that packed more punch than just a bow and a heart-edged arrow.  When that thought crossed me, it reminded me of Kiss's song "Love Gun".

if they were to redo Cupid, I shudder to think of what the changes would be like.  Gone would be the cute cherubin floating in the air with the toy bow and arrows spreading to the lonely heart. They would probably dress him up as a juvenile delinquent with a large gun and belt load of bullets. Oh he'd still be hunting for the lonely at heart.  My concern is if what he'd be firing will filled with love or something that people thought was love.

Well, I'm not one for the cute things and Valentines is not my cup of tea.  Still, I'm a traditionalist at heart and it pains me that there so many make-overs that bring out the dark side of things.  Are we so tired of clean cut things that we opted for the more aggressive nature because it's appealing?  Well, I'll leave it at that for now. Still, like I said earlier, that thought shudders me if we gave Cupid a gun and such a make-over like that.


No comments: