Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Where Have They Gone: Where Have All The Good Times Gone By The Kinks




In my latest entry, I was pretty much low after all that has happened last week. Because of that, I started to my friends who I hung around with way back then. At least I had someone to talk to who shared the same views as I a did. More than that, I'm beginning to miss all the good times that we use to enjoy. Thinking about that reminds me of the song "Where Have All The Good Times Gone by The Kinks.

This song was later remade by other great artists and bands such as Van Halen, David Bowie and Elton John. Man, back then when we gathered, time stopped and all the laughter can as the sound of bottles being opened as smoke filled the air. People were very tight back then and we thought the good times would never end. Alas, not only did the good end, so did the bonds that made it happen. Just when I thought that things were looking, one bad thing happened after another and the already fragile "bond" cracked even more.

These days problems just keep piling up and a good day is when nothing bad happens. What's happening now is a bitter awakening that the good times are gone. People who are tight are now out for themselves who gone to the dog-eat-dog mentality. Will the good times ever come back? I sure hope so because there's too much of the bad and too little of the good.

No comments: