Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's Never Enough: Never Enough By Patty Smyth



A long time ago, people once accused me of just thinking only about myself which really filled me up with guilt. When I started paying more attention to what's going on around here, it was like trying to do battle with the undead. Once you think you got a problem covered, something else just springs out of nowhere. Physically, mentally and emotionally, this sure takes a big toll out of a person. After all I that gave and still, it doesn't cut it, the song "never enough" comes to mind.

If I could give all that I could just to satisfy or solve the needs and problems around here, I would do so. Trying to do everything and pleasing everyone is next to impossible. A lot of times, I feel that I'm tackling these things with both my hands tied. It really hurts when you see a lot of things that need to be done but you don't have the resources to do it. A lot of times, the only solace that you can get is when the day is over and you turn off the lights to refresh your weary soul.

I guess all of this is as they say a "fact of life". Once responsibilities are thrust upon you, it just keeps on coming. You just have to take it as they come. Be strong and meet the challenge head on. Think of what you can do to carry through the day. It may not be enough, but at least no one can say that people like me didn't try.

No comments: