Friday, November 6, 2009

Still Looking/When I'm Satisfied: Satisfied By Richard Marx



In my entry using U2's song "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" I explained my reasons for my restlessness and unwillingness to settle down. As I have mentioned in the past, there were some things that I missed out on that I wished I didn't. As a result, I've always had that feeling that something was missing and I felt like a walking jigsaw puzzle with some pieces missing. These days, I need to fill those spaces if I am to have any peace with myself. The song "Satisfied" by Richard Marx starts, playing the longing to find what was lost grows stronger.

At certain stages in life, there certain things that one is suppose to do or go through that helps shape that individual. As I have stated before, I missed out on those crucial activities. As a result, I feel that I wasn't ready for certain things when reality came calling. When I was thrown into the real world it was struggle and there too many downs than ups. The fact that I am still here should mean that I should be thankful and more importantly, that there is still a chance to get back what was lost.

Well, right now I am just getting by and things are okay for the moment. I've just got over another of those "bad cycles" and am currently focusing on my work. Still, I also try to find those things that I missed on while I still can. It's tricky trying to balance responsibilities with that obsession but that's the situation that I find myself in. Only when when I find those missing pieces then I feel complete and by doing so, be satisfied.

No comments: