Sunday, November 22, 2009

Another Cool Dude Who Introduced Me To This Band: Rock You Like A Hurricane By The Scorpions



For those who read some of my past entries, l frequently mentioned a lot about not wanting to go back to my old school or not wanting to attend reunions of my batchmates. The reason for this was because of my always going against the flow, I found it hard to connect with a lot of them. Despite that lack of having something in common, there were some people who I found to have the same interest as me. making my stay there more bearable. One such person that I met was really cool for a foreigner and introduced to European Metal. One band that he listened to that I was the Scorpions and the song that I liked best was "Rock You Like A Hurricane".

I will call this guy "A" and though he was no Dr. Wu, he was still pretty cool. My first impression of him was that he was one of those "in crowd" kids who probably join the populars rather hang out with the ordinary smoes. That all changed when I was waiting for my ride home and he was packing up to do the same. We started talking and I found out that he too like metal music and gave me a tape of the band which contained this song. I thoroughly enjoyed the tape and was glad to meet another person who wasn't like the rest.

Though it's been a while, I still think highly of him from time to time. It's nice to know that there are people out there who have the same interest as you, making you feel that you are not alone. Though the present hasn't good to me, when I think about all these guys and the times I shared with them, it soothes my soul like a shot of whiskey. Like alot of good people that I've met over the years, I wish him well. To this day, I still bang my head when this song is played and I owe all to him.

No comments: