Sunday, November 15, 2009

Missing My Friends: Awit Ng Barkada By The Apo Hiking Society

With all the chaos that was wrought this week, I sure feel really down from what happened. The fact that I'm alone facing this burden everyday is really wearing me down. It's bad enough that the crap keeps coming and it's really burying up to my neck. Right now, I am really missing my friends and the times that we shared when things were cool. When 24K played, the song "Awit Ng Barkada" by The Apo Hiking Society, it only made miss them more.

When you're young, you're friends are always there and when you had fun stories to tell or want to take a heavy load off your shoulders, they're laughter and counsel always saved the day. As I have said before, most of my friends were drifters and loners like me. They went against the flow and shared a lot of my interest. Lately, however, they fell they fell by the wayside and I lost contact with all of them as time went by. Now, that problems are piling and age is starting to catch with me, I find myself missing them more and more. Not a day goes by when I don't think about them and wish to see them.

I guess this is the price one pays for being a loner at heart. Even those who rather be alone longs to be with others, especially those who one has a lot in common with. When the day is over, I often reflect about the good times that we spent together and that is enough to cheer me up. Whenever I see an old batchmate, I smile cause the past comes alive again. Wherever they miss them and I hope one day, we see each other again.

No comments: