Wednesday, November 25, 2009

When The Night Is Your Only Sanctuary: Stay The Night By Benjamin Orr




, what big bust this year turned out to be. What got off to a good start suddenly made turn for the worse. I thought things were resolved and bonds would be renewed, but alas, something happened that destroyed that momentum. After going through one bad experience after another, the only solace that I find is when the day is over and the night. When I hear the song "Stay The Night" by Benjamin Orr, I feel that it is only during the night were I can find sanctuary from all this crap.

Everytime I wake up, I pray that nothing bad will happen. That's the reason why everytime the phone rings and I get a house call at work, I really get edgy. I sometimes fear that it is bad news again and when it is, it really throws me off for the rest of the day. Only when everybody goes to sleep that I finally feel at ease for the day has ended and so is tension that it has brought. Sometimes I stay up just a little longer to compose myself, reflect on what happened or just to get the bad vibes out of my system.

Just few minutes or an hour to enjoy the cool quiet air of the evening after enduring a bad day is enough for me. They say when you're grown up, things start getting complicated and this time around it sure has. So when all is said and done, I look up to the sky and take time out to appreciate the night's cool air as it soothes my soul. I've seen better days and maybe they'll come around again. Till then, I'll just sanctuary in the cool night air.

No comments: