Friday, November 27, 2009

The Last Days Of School: I Remember By Madonna




I know I've mentioned this time and time again whenever I think about my school days. Every time the end draws near, I always have that urge to take a look back even during last few days before it's time to call it quits. Whenever the last exam is finished, I take time to go out and look at the horizon before I head for home. I guess the reason why I do that is because I try to take in everything that's come and gone during the school year. Accept all the good and the bad which has happened and what I have learned from it all before I start anew. Madonna's song " I Remember" reminds of the sentimental feeling I get when a chapter in my life has just ended.

This song was the soundtrack for the movie "With Honors" and it sure taught a lot of lessons of what life is all about. Ironically, it was set during the last few weeks of a batch students who are about to graduate when they learn something from a homeless man that they can't learn in college. You know with every year, you go through different experiences and whether it was good or bad, we learn something from and move on. Sometimes you take some time alone to fully absorb what you learn to make that you take it with you for the rest of your life. Hopefully whatever you learn and take with you will make you a better person.

Well next Tuesday is December which is the last month of the year. Already, that sentimental feeling is starting to creep up on me. If I wasn't so busy, I'd like to take a walk somewhere and do some reflection. Or just sit somewhere peaceful and take it all in. True, there has been more bad than good that happened this year, but there some good times. Good or bad, the best thing to is to keep them and learn from them to make the new year a better year.

No comments: