Thursday, November 19, 2009

What Does It Take To Satisfy You: How Much Is Enough By The Fixx




When you're young, you wish you could have all that you lay your eyes on. We want so many things that we seldom realize what happening to us or to those around us. This is especially true to those who were always pampered to the point of being spoiled. They are never satisfied no how much is given to them. This is what I think when I hear the song "How Much Is Enough" by The Fixx.

When I was getting older, I realize that my parents were really working hard to provide for my needs and that of my brothers. I was no saint and there were times that I wanted a lot of things, but when I realize what the cost was, I decided to concentrate only on the things that mattered. I saw that satisfying every wish or request can really take its toll to those who work hard to make it happen. It made me feel guilty that they have to go through all that because I kept asking for it.

I'm not saying that it's wrong to wish or want something but do it in moderation or more importantly, when it really counts. Today, with all the cool gadgets out there, I wouldn't if some poor breadwinner starting to have chest pains as to how get something like that, especially when that person is being nagged day in and day out. You know there are more important things out there than just those material crap. Some you can see and some you can't but you feel it anyway. If your soul empty now just wait how you'll feel when the important things disappear.

No comments: