Monday, June 29, 2009

When He Looked Like He Was Having A Good Time: Don't Stop Till You Get Enough By Micheal Jackson



Last Friday, I was surfing the channels to look for something good to watch. Just as I was about to go to bed, CNN broadcast a breaking news about Micheal Jackson being rushed to the hospital due to a heart attack. Doctors were trying to do all that they can for him. As I picked up the stack of newspapers to scan for any press or photo release, it was all over the news that the "King Of Pop" has died and the whole world was shocked by his sudden departure. Right now, details of what happened to him are still making the headlines. Although he had a lot of great hits when I was a high school freshman, I'd rather go back to the earlier days when he didn't any plastic surgery and one song of his that I have to admit that I was fond of was the song "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough".

This song came out during later days of disco and if you saw the video, it was very primitive compared to today's standards. Still for anyone to have heard the song and seen the music video has to admit that there was something catchy about it. When he moved there, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't choreographed and he just made it up right then and there. His songs and moves have influenced many pop artist both here and abroad. The reason why I chose this song and video is because, I feel that he was himself here and he really looked like he was having fun.

A lot of celebrities and fans are saddened by his death and no doubt, if he had pulled through, he'd still have a lot to give. When I see this video and listen to the song, I would remember him this way. I know that there some people out there would agree. If only his eccentricities didn't get the better of him, things might have been different. Well rest in peace Jacko as your fans will miss you dearly.

No comments: