Friday, June 26, 2009

Keep On Trying No Matter What: Lonesome Loser




When it comes to losing, I've had more than my fair share of it. Heck, if losing was a sport, I've probably a bettor's pick. That thought doesn't still well with me because loss is like a knife cutting a piece of my heart. The fact that I'm getting older is forcing me to really evaluate my status in life and it's really getting me down. Be that as it may, I still believe that something good will happen if I keep on trying just like the Little River Band's song "Lonesome Loser".

Like the guy in the song, loneliness and the number of losses really gets to me that I try my best to keep it together. Still, it's heart-breaking when the memories of those dreams that fell short sometimes overcome me. I guess that's the reason why I read a lot about historical figures who started out as failures and eventually got it right. It gives me hope because despite the constant set-backs, they were able to overcome and achieve their dreams. Hopefully, I'll be able to do the same too.

I always believe that people are capable of breaking their losing streaks and that what I set out to do. To achieve that I try to learn from mistakes, broaden my search for opportunities, assess advice given by other people and try to analyze how things can be made to be more productive. I also try to think outside the box and learn new skills to add to the things that I can already do. I hope that all this will bear fruit and the streak gets busted. Even losers get lucky when they keep on trying.

No comments: