Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Letting It All Out: Shout By Tears For Fears



One of the reasons why I got myself into the mess that I'm in is because I never fully said what I really felt. A lot of times I kept everything bottled up inside me. I didn't realize that later on, the emotional repercussions of holding back would affect a lot of things in my life. Although I regret keeping things to myself and not expressing, let alone standing up for what I truly want, the best thing that I can do is move on and buck that awful habit. Everytime I hear Tears For Fears' song "Shout", I really wish that I did that I long time ago.

Like I said earlier, a lot of times, I just kept following what other people told me to do. When it came to what I wanted, it was very hard for express it and this was true after getting laughed at embarrassed for the things that I said which can surely lower your self-esteem. I'm not saying that everything a person dreams is always right and a lot of times, people often imperil themselves with reckless choices. I'm just saying that a person should be given a chance to truly say what he or she feels or he or she wants without ridicule. My only condition is that people say it with respect and hear the other side out. That way, people know what's really going on.

Inability to express oneself can badly affect one's growth and development and I learned that the hard way. These days I really speak my mind about what I truly want and feel and I have found out that it's a very liberating experience to finally say what I feel. These days, I pass the lesson to others because I don''t want them to go through what I went through. So go ahead and say what you really think and feel, but always do it with respect. That way people will understand and respect what it is you truly want and feel in life.



No comments: